A look at current events from the point of a view of a Conservative Evangelical Christian who stands firmly on the Word of God (that's the Bible for those of you at Berkley) and stands behind the Constitution of the United States of America. So grab yourself a big cup of java, kick back in your chair and enjoy another member of the "vast right wing conspiracy" making his voice heard.
Monday, June 20, 2005
I'm on vacation in Cincinnati with my wife and kids, visiting my in-laws for a week, and came here looking for a chance to just relax and get our minds off things.
Sadly, my mind has been boggled by the news we heard tonight on a local news station of a 9 year old girl being raped by a neighbor in a vacant house near her home. After this sick and twisted attack occured this poor little victim ran home naked, and i'm sure with a broken spirit that only God will be able to heal, to let her parents know what took place. Her dad quickly ran to this empty house, according to WLWT News in Cincinnati and found the suspect laying in a bed naked before he called 911.
I have a little girl who will be turning 8 years old in just a couple of months, and when i hear of things like this it not only turns my stomach, but it causes me to think, "What if this happens to my baby girl." I have no idea what has to be going through the sick and twisted mind of a person who can take a sweet little girl like this 9 year old victim and totally destroy her life the way he did. How can people hurt children this way...i really have no idea how.
As of now the suspect is on the run, he managed to escape as the victim's father called 911 and somehow managed not to hurt, maim or kill this low life...and he may be a much better man than i am, because i don't think i would have been able to do that.
My prayers are first for this little girl who will need a miracle from God to heal her from this pain that has been brought upon her for no reason what so ever other than the fact that we live in a sinful world and there are evil people in it. I also pray for this little girls dad, as a daddy myself, i have no idea what he is going through, but i will lift him up none the less. And as for this individual (i just can't bear calling him a "man" for doing what he has done) i pray that no harm does come to him, but that some how and some way God manages to find him in spite of his evil and sinful nature and will save his soul...and i'll leave it at that. May God truly find mercy upon him, because he isn't finding it here in Cincinnati, OH.
Now for the political commentary on this...the reason garbage like this and what we have seen in places like Florida takes place is because of the judicial crisis we ARE facing! We have worthless judges on the bench (who think it is actually a throne) that spend more time making victims out of criminals or trying to make laws instead of ruling on the law like they were hired to do. News flash here: The judicial nominees of President Bush who are constructionalists (meaning that they actually agree with the Constitution and what it stands for) are not the activists, these idiots down in Florida and elsewhere who will allow predators to walk the streets with a slap on the wrist are the activists.
May God bless America, because that is truly our ONLY hope!
Thursday, June 09, 2005
Apparently MTV hosted an awards dinner last night based off their "Rock the Vote" campaign, which is basically a liberal front to encourage brainwashed teens and young adults to vote for the most convenient leftist in each election. This "Rock the Nation" dinner, which was hosted by former Republican Senator and VP Candidate Jack Kemp and former DNC Chief Liar (AKA Chairman) Terry McAwful gave awards to what they considered to be well deserving members of the Washington elite.
Two of the award winners were current US Senators John "Wayne" McCain (RINO-AZ) and Barak Obama (D-IL), as if Obama has made any significant impact since being elected after the Republicans basically threw in the towel in that state back in November. But this is OK, they want to honor these two nitwits, that is fine with me...but what came next is what really got me.
Former President William Jefferson Blythe Clinton was given a lifetime achievement award that was meant to "honor an individual who has always made reaching out to people and appealing to their values a primary part of his efforts to make the world a better place" according to the CNS News Service . For those of you who from Baltimore City schools, let me assure that what you read is correct: Bill Clinton received an award that was for "Values".
So, this got me thinking about some of the "values" from the Clinton White House that i'm glad my children were much to young to understand while this man of "values" was in office.
* Smoking pot is OK, as long as you don't inhale. And if it becomes an issue, wish that you would have at least inhaled.
* Adultery is fine as long as your wife will tolerate it, and especially if it boosts her own career and aspirations.
* There is nothing wrong with white collar theft related to bogus land sales, and because it happened in the past it should not effect the present.
* Larry Flynt is a really sweet guy, and he is just misunderstood by the Religious Right. Just because he is the largest peddler of hardcore pornography in the country, that doesn't make him a bad guy.
* You should always attempt to destroy the reputation of those who come against you (insert any of his affairs here), and if it looks like that won't work then take it as far as necessary (i could mention Vince Foster here, but won't...ooops! Too late, i already did!)
* When in doubt, lie with a straight face and a sturn look...and if it comes back around, show a little regret as you "apologize" for a little "untruth" (but not what you lied about) and shed a tear if necessary. Oh yeah, make sure your "loving" and "supportive" wife is by your side.
* And of course, let us not forget the fact that we have a whole generation of young people who do not see anything wrong with oral sex because it isn't really sexual intercourse, and you really have to define "is". Not only that, but now inappropriate behavior in an office is now referred to as getting a "Lewinsky", a reputation that i'm sure Monica was looking for when she went as an intern in the White House.
To make a long story short (i know, too late), Bill Clinton should not be receiving any type of award or acknowledgement for being a person with values. Thanks to him, the media, and the DNC we are seeing a whole generation of young people coming up that no longer accepts right for right and wrong for wrong, all because the leader of the free world showed them that this was the case.
I pray for Bill Clinton, that some how he would see the sins of his life and seek God's forgiveness and repentance.