A look at current events from the point of a view of a Conservative Evangelical Christian who stands firmly on the Word of God (that's the Bible for those of you at Berkley) and stands behind the Constitution of the United States of America. So grab yourself a big cup of java, kick back in your chair and enjoy another member of the "vast right wing conspiracy" making his voice heard.

Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Year's Day 2005

With 2004 behind and the first day of 2005 rolling along, i really do have some mixed feelings at this time (BTW, it has nothing to do with LSU's last second loss in the Capital One Bowl either).

I'm seeing God at work in my life right now in new ways. For whatever reason, He has seen fit to bring tears to my eyes as i have looked back at the past and considered the future. Its really hard to explain why, i rarely cry, but it is a great feeling. Thank you God.

I look forward to 2005 with hope. The body of Christ, the sleeping dinosaur that has been beat on for so long, seems to be shaking itself awake in light of the attacks we have faced from the enemy behind forces like the ACLU, homosexual activists, and liberal theologians in general. I think the people of God are realizing that they have a voice, and collectively it is one that can be heard and should be heard.

I also have hope because of what God is doing in and through my life. He has placed me in a place of ministry that is not only going to be a challenge, but will cause me to bend and grow in ways i may not have expected. He is doing a great thing in this community, and i'm blessed to be a part of it.

On the political front, i'm encouraged by a republican majority in both houses of congress as well as in the White House. I'm hoping that we can see some advancement of what is right for this country over the next 4 years. The beating the media took over the last year has left them with some serious black eyes, that i hope they can see well enough through to jump on the bandwagon.

At the same time, my heart is still very heavy. Already they are expecting the death toll in Southeast Asia to reach 150,000. Just a few days ago they were saying as many as 25,000 deaths were expected...now that number is 6 times as high, and i don't think the disease and sickness deaths to follow are included in that. I have no idea why God allows things like this to happen, but i do know that He is sovereign, and He desires that none would be lost without a saving relationship with Him.

With that being said, i now offer my prayer for the New Year:

Father God, Abba, my All in all, my Hope and my Salvation, i praise you for you who are. You are a mighty God, an awesome God, and You are the faithful one. In and through all things, You have remained faithful, and you have not disowned yourself, as Your Word says. I lift up my hands to worship you, because you are worthy of praise.

Father, i thank you for 2004. You provided, you blessed, you worked in me and through me, in ways that i never imagined. When i was at my lowest, You were there to offer comfort and peace; it was by Your grace alone that i was able to stand at those times. When i felt like i had reached the pinnacle, i found that Your hand carried me there. Thank you for the place of service you have provided for me and my family, and thank you most of all for the salvation of my little girl and the honor of being able to baptize her. So, thank You for being You dear God.

And Lord, as i enter 2005, i have no idea what to expect, other than the fact that i know you are already ahead of me. I pray that i will trust Your heart during those times i can't see Your hands at work, and find my hope in You. I pray that i would trust You with all of my heart and allow You to direct all of my paths, and i do mean ALL of my paths.
I pray that i would surrender myself to You so that You can make me into an instrument of noble purposes, one that is useful to you. Take me Lord, break me and make me, let it be less of me and more of You. My prayer is that i would live a life that would be marked by excellence and would bring honor and glory to you in all that i attempt to do.

Father, above all else, move in a mighty way in my life in 2005, and when necessary, move me so that Your will might be done. It is not about me, but it is about You and Your Kingdom, and the privilege of being able to part of Your kingdom work.

I love you Lord, and i want to love you more and more each day. Thank you for a new day where Your mercies are made new, and thank You for a new year where i can not only serve you, but grow in my relationship with you. Thank you for the gift of tears, and the hope that i can only find in you.

Oh Lord, You're beautiful, And Your face is all i seek.
For when your eyes are on this child,Your grace abounds to me.

God, i'm in awe of what you are doing right now, so i surrender myself to You and Your will totally.

No comments: