A look at current events from the point of a view of a Conservative Evangelical Christian who stands firmly on the Word of God (that's the Bible for those of you at Berkley) and stands behind the Constitution of the United States of America. So grab yourself a big cup of java, kick back in your chair and enjoy another member of the "vast right wing conspiracy" making his voice heard.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Roe and The Painful Legacy

Today marks the 35th anniversary of the Supreme Court ruling on the Roe v. Wade case, which has amounted to being nothing more than bad law based on lies (by Norma McCorvey's own admission) that helped usher in a culture of death. As a result of this poorly made decision by our nation's highest court nearly 49 million children have been denied the most principle right promised to us as Americans...the "right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

"Jane Roe" of the infamous Roe v. Wade case was actually Norma McCorvey, and she has fought for the most of the last 13 years since becoming a born again believer to see this horrible law overturned. In her book Won By Love and on her website www.crossingoverministry.org she states:
"Norma," I said to myself, "They're right." I had worked with pregnant women for years. I had been through three pregnancies and deliveries myself. I should have known. Yet something in that poster made me lose my breath. I kept seeing the picture of that tiny, 10-week-old embryo, and I said to myself, that's a baby! It's as if blinders just fell off my eyes and I suddenly understood the truth--that's a baby!

I felt "crushed" under the truth of this realization. I had to face up to the awful reality. Abortion wasn't about 'products of conception.' It wasn't about 'missed periods.' It was about children being killed in their mother's wombs. All those years I was wrong. Signing that affidavit, I was wrong. Working in an abortion clinic, I was wrong. No more of this first trimester, second trimester, third trimester stuff. Abortion--at any point--was wrong. It was so clear. Painfully clear."


Abortion is murder, plain and simple. It ends a life, a life that in God's eyes is precious. Psalm 139:13-16 tells us, "For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When i was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them."
There are no "accidents" in God's eyes, and even a child that came about "unintentionally" based on our own sinful, human standards is never unintentional in God's sight. He has a purpose for each and every child...and for 49 billion children, that potential went untapped in most cases because of some one's selfishness.

God has blessed America, and i believe that He continues to bless us and protect us today, but until we end this culture of death that began with a bad law built upon lies...i'm afraid that hand of blessing and protection may one day be lifted from us.

As an aside, one of the great ironies of this ruling is that Norma McCorvey never had that abortion that the Supreme Court's decision was based on. She had a baby girl who she put up for adoption.

No comments: